Recently, I explored aws app stream 2.0 service. I would like to share simple steps to getting started easily:
1. Log on to AWS account
2. Go to Services
3. Go to ‘AppStream 2.0’ service under ‘DeskTop & App Streaming’ section
5. build an custom image using image builder
6. in order to enable internet access on the image :
a) If you do not have your own the aws region create your own VPC.
b) Associate elastic IP(create if you do not have one with vpc
c) have public and private subnets for vpc
d) while configuring image associate VPC and private VPC subnet to image will give the internet access.
7. install required software on image / exe .. (in my case jdk was also required)
8. after image is built.. it will be snapshotted and will be available as private image in images registry
9. Create a fleet as per requirement .. i.e. specify number of users
10. Create stack and associate fleet with stack
11. get stream url from the stack created
12. open the url.. you would be able to use streamed application on AWS appStream 2.0